Monday 27 August 2012

ArchiCAD - Waiheke Island inspired hotel

The first thing that really grinds me is that we have to find tutorials about ArchiCAD by ourselves. Our group has got all these brilliant and fantastic ideas, but we just simply don't know how to achieve them on ArchiCAD. We have to search the right tutorials, so we can get on the right tracks. Sometimes, we spent hours watching the video that doesn't even help us at all. Ok, enough with the complaining. Let's get this straight.







The upper images are the screen shots of our second hotel from ArchiCAD. I spent this afternoon creating the external facade using the shell and wall .At first, my goal was to decide the final shape of the leaf (a key component of external facade) like the image in this post above. However, I quickly became bored of that and started playing around with the overall form of the hotel. The result turned out better than I was expecting, the organic shapes actually showing some movement and aesthetics. I'm really pleased with the final concept of this hotel; perhaps we should start thinking about the interiors.

No comments:

Post a Comment